I started my first class yesterday at my studio that I was certified with, and also my first studio I found after moving here to Cincinnati, OH.
Here is the poster that was made by my web/ graphic designer boyfriend. I love the flow of the waves in the background.
It was a great start to the morning. There is really something special to a day when you start it out the right way, caring for and making time for yourself.
Great ways to wake up with a yoga zen feeling.
When you first wake up:
- Stretch your arms above your head and take a deep breath in
- Walk around while noticing your breath (if possible do this outside)
- Find a quiet, peaceful, free of clutter, and bright place for you to be
- Here you can: A) meditate B) practice a yoga sequence C) focus on your breath (pranayama)
- Prepare yourself a healthy breakfast using fresh and bright colored fruit.
- Drink a full glass of water
Your body will thank your for taking the time to allow it to wake up in the morning instead of your body working hard to keep up with your busy schedule set ahead.